The following incidents were reported by West Hennepin Public safety between July 9 and 16:
• WHPS responded to a vehicle crash at County Road 11 and Townline Road in Independence. A vehicle was stopped, waiting for traffic to clear to make his turn when his vehicle was rear-ended. The driver at fault, a 21-year-old male from Delano, was issued a citation for failing to drive with due care. There were no injuries.
• WHPS responded to Highway 12 and County Line Road, Independence for a vehicle crash. Westbound traffic had stopped and the 17-year-old male driver from Delano was unable to stop and rear-ended the vehicle. The driver was issued a citation for failing to drive with due care. One party was injured and transported to the hospital.
• WHPS responded to a call regarding injured persons in a vehicle, which had been struck in the intersection of Highway 12 and Halgren Road in Maple Plain. A 32-year-old female driver from Montrose struck a vehicle in the intersection, driven by a 49-year-old male from Orono. The female sustained injuries and was transported to the hospital. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
• At 7:37 a.m., a caller reported that an unoccupied vehicle was parked in front of a bank in the 4900 block of Highway 12 in Maple Plain. No one appeared to be in or around the vehicle. The bank was checked and everything was fine. The registered owner, a 71-year-old female from St. Louis Park, had parked her van there because she had to borrow a friend’s vehicle and she thought that this would be a safe place. She was told to remove her vehicle.
• WHPS responded to the 4800 block of Bradford Street in Maple Plain for a male who was ill. The male was transported to the hospital.
• A complaint was made of a driver slamming on his or her brakes, and this driver’s vehicle weaving while driving westbound on Highway 12 into Maple Plain. The vehicle was located, and the driver was advised of the complaint. The driver reported having no idea what had happened, nor what the complainant was talking about. He was warned for his alleged driving conduct.
• WHPS responded to the 3000 block of Lake Sarah Road in Independence for a female in pain. The female was transported to the hospital.
• WHPS officers responded to the 1800 block of Budd Avenue in Maple Plain for a Hennepin County fifth degree controlled substance felony warrant. The 49-year-old male from Maple Plain was arrested and transported to Hennepin County Jail.
• WHPS responded at 10:22 p.m. to a closed business in the 1500 block of Howard Ave in Maple Plain for a report of a male banging on the front door trying to get into the building. WHPS officer made contact with the male who wanted to return a sandwich he bought from the store. He was mad because the sandwich was labeled turkey and the sandwich was ham. He was told to come back tomorrow when the store is open.
• At 1:38 a.m., WHPS responded to a loud music complaint in the 5700 block of Providence Curve in Independence. Contact was made with the homeowner, who did not realize his new music system was so loud. The homeowner apologized and turned the
• Reported a partial load of hay was dumped on the road in the 5700 block of County Road 11 in Independence. The driver removed the hay from the roadway and returned with a truck to pick up the bales.
• WHPS responded to a male who fell while walking and injured himself in the 1500 block of Wyman Ave in Maple Plain. The male was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
• A caller reported he wanted to turn himself in to the police in the 5100 block of Main Street in Maple Plain. The male had outstanding Hennepin County warrants, and told police that he had moved back to Minnesota and wanted to straighten his life out by turning himself in. The male was transported to
Hennepin County Jail.
• A resident reported damage to his vehicle in the 540 block of Timber Trail in Independence. The tire had been punctured, causing it to go flat, and two LED flood lights were stolen. The case is under investigation.
• WHPS officer assisted a motorist in changing his vehicle tire in the 6000 block of Highway 12 in Independence. The motorist stated that his car started to make a loud noise. He pulled over and found black marks around his tire and a piece of metal sticking out of it.
• A motorist requested assistance in unlocking his vehicle at County Road 6 and County Road 83 in Independence. He had locked himself out of his car while was trying to fix his GPS. The vehicle was unlocked by a WHPS officer.
• A caller reported that a tree was down across the road along with broken wires in the 1600 block of Marsh Avenue in Maple Plain. The caller reported no smoke or fire. Xcel Energy was notified to respond and fix the wires.
• A motorist dropped off a wallet that had been found at Pioneer Creek Road and Copeland Road in Independence. Identification cards and information were inside the wallet. The case is under investigation, and police are working on finding the owner of the wallet.
• Caller reported a sick raccoon in the ditch of 6500 Fogelman Road in Independence. WHPS officer found a dead raccoon in the ditch with flies around it; it had been deceased for a while.
• Caller reported a person had been sitting at a picnic table for hours in the 5200 block of Highway 12. WHPS officer found the male had interviewed at a business in town and was waiting for his ride to pick him up. Everything was okay.
• WHPS received a report of a resident in the 1400 block of Three Oaks in Maple Plain who was allegedly in violation of city ordinances related to unlawful animals on their property. The case is under investigation for removal of the animals.
• Two trees were blown over in the storm and were resting on power lines in the 5100 block of Klaers Drive. Xcel Energy was contacted to respond and remove the trees and check the wires.
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of County Road 83 and County Road 6 in Independence. Both vehicles were damaged, but the drivers sustained no injuries.
• A business in the 5100 block of Industrial Street in Independence reported receiving an email from someone trying to scam them and convince the business to accept a credit card payment for air conditioning service. The business blocked the email.
• A report was made of a male with heart problems at 3675 Ihduhapi Trail in Independence. Loretto Fire Rescue and North Paramedics assisted WHPS
• WHPS responded to a person in pain from a trampoline accident in the 5000 block of Pioneer Creek Drive in Maple Plain. The 12-year-old victim had numbness and tingling in her legs. She was transported to the hospital by
• A female in the 500 block of County Road 110, Independence reported she was feeling ill. The female was transported to the hospital by ambulance.
• A caller reported a vehicle was stalled on the side of the road at Highway 12 and County Road 92 in Independence. According to the report, the vehicle’s trunk was open and a bunch of stuff from the trunk was on the shoulder of the road. WHPS found that the driver had a flat tire and AAA was en route.
• WHPS responded to a report of a female who was ill in the 6000 block of Rachel Ridge Court in Independence. The female was transported by ambulance to the hospital.
Compiled by Sean Miner –