At the end of each year the Mound Fire Department recognizes one of its firefighters as the departments “Firefighter of the Year”. The 2015 Mound Fire Department “Firefighter of the Year” award goes to Paul Jolicoeur.
The sole recipient of this respected award is chosen based upon a nomination process that involves all of the current Mound firefighters. All active firefighters are eligible for the award based upon predetermined performance criteria including:
• The number of responses to emergency fire & rescue calls
• Leading and attending department training sessions
• The amount of time dedicated to public relations activities
• A firefighter’s level of participation, involvement, and contributions
• Support of the department’s teamwork environment, and a positive attitude.
All of these important firefighter attributes typically add up to an individual that is very dedicated to the fire department and public safety response.
Firefighter Paul Jolicoeur has been a volunteer with the Mound Fire Department since joining the ranks in May 2004. Firefighter Jolicoeur is an 11-year veteran of the fire department and is a very versatile and skilled firefighter.
Congratulations to Firefighter Paul Jolicoeur on his past accomplishments, and for receiving this very special 2015 Mound Firefighter of the Year Award.