The special meeting of the Board of Education of Orono Independent School District No. 278 was held on Monday, June 26, 2017 and called to order by board chair Bob Tunheim at 5:05 p.m.
Present: Bob Tunheim, Martha Van de Ven , Dick Lewis, Sarah Borchers, Laura Wallander, Mike Bash, Karen Orcutt, John Morstad
UPON MOTION by Dick Lewis, seconded by Martha Van de Ven, the Board of Education approved the consent agenda as follows:
– approved the personnel recommendations
– approved the individual employment contracts for 2017-2018 as follows:
1. Director of Human Services
2. Director of Accountability and Learning
3. Director of Special Services
4. Director of Business Services
5. CE Program Assistant
6. CE Early Learning Coordinator
7. CE Aquatics Coordinator
8. CE Assistant Director of Community Education
9. CE OK Kids Lead Teacher (2 positions)
– approved donations totaling $312,967.67
– approved May 2017 treasurers reports
– approved May 2017 electronic fund transfers
4. Official Investment Depositories and Transfer of Funds (Action)
UPON MOTION by Dick Lewis, seconded by Sarah Borchers, the Board of Education approved investment depositories and authorized Lauren Syrup and John Morstad to transfer funds among the financial institutions for investment purposes.
UPON MOTION by Bob Tunheim, seconded by Dick Lewis, the meeting was adjourned to a closed session at 5:09 p.m. The meeting was closed as permitted by section 13D.05, subdivision 3(a), to evaluate the performance of the School Districts Superintendent.
UPON MOTION by Martha Van de Ven, seconded by Laura Wallander, the meeting was reconvened to open session at 6:27 p.m.
6. – Superintendents Evaluation (Action)
Board Chair Bob Tunheim summarized the Boards evaluation of Superintendent Dr. Karen Orcutt, noting that she has met all of her goals and is to be commended on her many highlights over the past year.
UPON MOTION by Bob Tunheim, seconded by Martha Van de Ven, the Board of Education approved the maximum performance pay allowed by the Superintendents contract for the 2017-2018 school year.
UPON MOTION by Dick Lewis, seconded by Laura Wallander, the meeting was adjourned at 6:29 p.m.
Robert Tunheim, Chair
Michael Bash, Clerk
September 2, 2017